JOB TITLE: Part-time Instructor Pool
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time Temporary
COMPENSATION RANGE: To Be Determined
REPORTS TO: Academic and Student Affairs Division
Northern Pennsylvania Regional College is seeking to establish a pool of instructors interested in teaching part-time and/or developing courses in any of the following subject areas. Instructors may be asked to teach in credit-based programs and/or in non-credit workforce development programs. Instructors may teach from one of approximately twenty-five (25) locations within northern Pennsylvania.
- Emergency medicine (must hold EMS Instructor certificate)
- Manufacturing & Machining
- To include subjects such as CNC (computerized numerical control); GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing); Precision Machining; Blueprint Reading; Metallurgy; Welding; Safety (OSHA standards); Fabrication; CAD/CAM Software Applications, etc.
- Building Inspection
- To include residential and/or commercial inspection
- Hazmat training
- Applied Business Skills
- To include subjects such as Accounting; Customer Service; Entrepreneurship; Marketing and Sales; Quality Management; Conflict Management and Resolution; Business Technology, etc.
- Computer Applications Writing 1 and 2/Applied Communication
- Business and Professional Communication
- Public Speaking
- Applied Physics
- Business Administration
- To include subjects such as Accounting; Business Foundations; Marketing; Management; Business Law; Business Technology; Economics, etc.
- Applied Health Training
- To include subjects such as CPR, First Aid, Certified Nursing Assistant, etc.
- Applied Physics
- To include subjects such as Applied Math; Quantitative Reasoning; Introduction to Statistics; College Algebra
- US Government and Politics
- Environmental Issues
- Fine Arts Appreciation/ Music Appreciation
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Technical Program course instructors require one of the following to qualify as an instructor in the College’s credit-bearing AAS or Technical Certificate programs:
- Industry-related certifications and two or more years of documented professional experience relating to the complete instructional content of the course; OR
- An associate degree or higher in the field taught and two or more years of combined additional training and professionals experience with documented competence in the field or program area in which they teach; OR
- A bachelor’s degree in the field taught.
- Non-credit Workforce Development course instructors must be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the subject matter and/or have experience in the field with the ability to teach and to communicate well with students; having an ability to assist in the development and/or improvement of curriculum is a plus; having earned one or more industry certifications and/or having earned a college certificate or degree in the field is preferred.
- Academic Program course instructors require one of the following to qualify as an instructor in the College’s credit-bearing AA, AS, or Certificate of General Studies programs:
- Master’s degree in the discipline or sub-field of study in which they teach, OR
- Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours specific to the discipline, OR
- Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 6 graduate hours specific to the discipline AND
- Minimum of two years or four academic terms of any combination of teaching discipline-specific courses at the college level or discipline-specific Advanced Placement courses at the secondary level; OR
- Minimum of five years of discipline-specific teaching experience at the secondary level in grades 7-12 and a valid professional teaching license recognized by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania at the secondary level for grades 7-12 specific to the discipline; OR
- Industry-related certifications and/or documented professional experience that correlates to at least 75% of the instructional content of the course.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Valid Driver’s License and consistent access to vehicle is required.
- The physical and mental demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to read, communicate verbally and/or in written form using English language; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines
- Driving, standing, walking and sitting
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg
- Ability to use technology tools required for performing the specific responsibilities of this position; and remember and understand certain instructions or guideline
WORKING CONDITIONS/WORK SCHEDULE:
- Office Location: To be determined depending on incumbent’s county of residence. For more information visit our website: regionalcollegepa.org.
- Work hours: These positions require work hour flexibility and varied hours, may include nights and weekends.
This position may require occasional travel throughout NPRC’s multi-county footprint to meet with students, colleagues, or others. Instructors may be assigned to teach from one or more classroom locations used by NPRC in Northwestern Pennsylvania. See http://regionalcollegepa.org for information concerning classroom locations. A valid Driver’s License and consistent access to a vehicle is required.
Perform other duties as assigned.
NPRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPRC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.